The Benibana Museum (The Safflower Museum)
14. How to Make Benibana Wine (紅花酒のつくり方)
- Prepare 1.8 liters spirituous liquor (70 proof<U.S.>),
five cakes of benibana, 500 grams of granulated sugar. Put them
together in tightly closed bottle. And leave it for 20 days.
- Shake the bottle once in a day to melt the sugar enough.
- After 20 days, percolate it with a cotton filter and take
the petal off.
- Put it in the refrigerator and leave it for ten days. If
this cooling is not enough, the color will be faded.
- About ten days leaving makes the wine at its best. Try to
dink it as it is or mix it with soda.
- for a digestive ailment, a female disorder, neuralgia and
<Back to top>